We (the Software Engineer team) are looking for a motivated, experienced person with a data driven approach to join our Distribution Team in Bangalore to help design, execute and improve our test sets and infrastructure for producing high-quality Hadoop software.
A Day in the life
You will be part of a team that makes sure our releases are predictable and deliver high value to the customer. This team is responsible for automating and maintaining our test harness, and making test results reliable and repeatable.
- work on making our distributed software stack more resilient to high-scale endurance runs and customer simulations
- provide valuable fixes to our product development teams to the issues you’ve found during exhaustive test runs
- work with product and field teams to make sure our customer simulations match the expectations and can provide valuable feedback to our customers
- work with amazing people - We are a fun & smart team, including many of the top luminaries in Hadoop and related open source communities. We frequently interact with the research community, collaborate with engineers at other top companies & host cutting edge researchers for tech talks.
- do innovative work - Cloudera pushes the frontier of big data & distributed computing, as our track record shows. We work on high-profile open source projects, interacting daily with engineers at other exciting companies, speaking at meet-ups, etc.
- be a part of a great culture - Transparent and open meritocracy. Everybody is always thinking of better ways to do things, and coming up with ideas that make a difference. We build our culture to be the best workplace in our careers.
- strong knowledge in at least 1 of the following languages: Java / Python / Scala / C++ / C#
- hands-on experience with at least 1 of the following configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- confidence with Linux environments
- ability to identify critical weak spots in distributed software systems
- experience in developing automated test cases and test plans
- ability to deal with distributed systems
- solid interpersonal skills conducive to a distributed environment
- ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
- innovate and automate and break the code
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact at Cloudera and add value to our future decisions. If this position has piqued your interest and you have what we described - we invite you to apply! An adventure in data awaits.